- Overseeing and coordinating the Chamber’s relationships with relevant government departments and trade associations.
- Planning and managing events for the Chamber, including trade missions, business conferences, seminars and networking functions.
- Assist in writing and preparing background/ business policy research reports.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 6 years relevant experience in government relations, public affairs, China affairs and/or event management.
- In-depth knowledge of public and economic affairs relevant to the work of the Chamber.
- Strong organizational skills. Experience in supervising a small team an advantage.
- Excellent command of English and Chinese (including Putonghua), knowledge of a third language an advantage. Effective report writing and communication skills in Chinese and English.
- Proficiency in computer applications. Knowledge in multimedia applications an advantage.
- Planning and organizing Chamber’s local and overseas activities, including conferences, luncheons, local/overseas visits.
- Liaising with government departments, production house and event venue.
- Providing secretarial support and handle daily correspondence.
- Outdoor work and travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 6 years hands-on experience in event management.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English & Chinese (including Putonghua).
- Good organizational skills and detail-minded.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Mature and able to work efficiently and independently under tight schedule
- Experience in managing overseas event a plus.
- Proficiency in computers applications. Knowledge in Photoshop and other multimedia applications an advantage.
- Assist in organizing Chamber’s activities and events, such as seminars, visits, etc
- Liaise with government departments, NGOs and industries to strengthen collaboration between the Chamber and relevant stakeholders
- Serve the Chamber's Committees
- Provide secretarial support and handle daily correspondence.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years’ working experience
- Good command of English and Chinese, with fluency in Putonghua
- Good interpersonal and computer skills. Familiar with Photoshop is an advantage
- Mature, detail-minded, able to work independently and under pressure
- Provide support to the Chamber’s activities
- Process trade documents applications
- Handle enquiries from traders
- Assist any ad hoc tasks assigned
- Tertiary education with knowledge of trading documents an advantage
- Good command in English and Mandarin
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Chinese Typing
- Self-motivated, hard-working, good communication skills and have team spirit.
- Fresh graduate are welcomed
Applicants for the above posts may be invited to attend a written test.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. A wide range of benefits will be offered. Candidates should submit his/her application together with full resume in both Chinese and English with salary expected by post to:
The Chinese General Chamber of Commerce
4/F, 24 Connaught Road Central, HK